Friday, June 13, 2008

Chicag08 Expectations

It looks like Johnny and I (skoutz) are slacking on keeping this blog updated. Have no fear school is out and I have a little more time on my hands.

You all know how much I love lists! We have spent a lot of time as a team discussing the two lists we made as a team. Let's review them real quick.
  1. List of expectations - This list described the things we expect each of us on the team to do in order to be effective. These are the things that will help us be a solid team and accomplish more during our time in Chicago.
  2. List of goals - This list described the things we want to have accomplished by the end of our trip. At the end of the trip we want to be able to look at the list and say, "We did all of that!"
As a team we've discussed that the only way we can meet List #2 is to work hard at living out List #1. Take another look at our list of expectations. I copied it straight from the list we all signed.

List of Expectations
  • Be on time
  • RESPECT
  • Do it for God not for ourselves – it’s not about me
  • Listen to others
  • Support others
  • Encourage
  • Patience
  • Communication
  • Good attitudes
  • Teamwork
  • Take care of yourself
  • Remember whom you represent
  • Names – know them, use them, no put downs
I absolutely love our list! We did a great job acting like a team to put this together. Now it is time for some reader participation! Leave a comment with your thoughts to the following questions or to the trip in general. I'll get things started.

What on this list comes natural to you?
What can you do to help others who struggle with that item?
Which of these are more work for you?
What have you been doing to take your next step in those area(s)?

3 comments:

Sarah (Koutz) Johnson said...

I am a natural encourager. I've learned that encouragement spreads quickly. The more one person encourages, the more those around them do the same.

Since our bus discussion I've been focusing on patience and taking care of myself. I get annoyed very easily when people start messing around instead of staying focused. I'm learning to take a long deep breath when I get frustrated. I've also been trying to take good care of my ankle and not push it. The good news is the brace should be long gone by the trip. Praise God!

Your turn team!

Anonymous said...

Let's see... one thing that I'm pretty good at is communication. I like to know exactly what I'm doing before I even attempt it. One thing I'm not thing I'm not that great at is patience. I tend to just like to go go go and not wait for other people. Ask Megan if you want to know more about that part of me. I Need to work on that area and really don't know how. Advice anyone? I love you all.
Samantha Petersen

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.