Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Other People Matter...

Hey friends, Sarah here. I've been reading The Worn Out Woman with my accountability partner and there was a sentence that caught my attention. It reminded me what our focus is this summer as we travel to Chicago.
"Everywhere we go people are longing to feel that they are special because someone told them so." (pg 103)
This is what we are all about. We are going to Chicago to show people they are special and they have value. The book of Ephesians, Paul talks about how God's secret plan has been revealed. His plan is that every person can be a part of His kingdom if they chose to accept the gift. Think about that...EVERYBODY in the world can be part of God's family. Some people aren't part of the family because they have never had the chance to hear the good news, especially that they matter.

Later on in the book I've been ready the author writes,
"I'll always remember that moment when God let me be a part of His surprise." (pg 105)
Paul wrote in 1 Timothy about how thankful we should be that God has chosen us to be a part of his plan. I am so thankful he allowing each of us to be a part of the team who will show the people of Chicago that there is a God that loves them. I am so excited to see what he has in store for us.

"How thankful I am to Christ Jesus our Lord for considering me trustworthy and appointing me to serve him. Oh how kind and gracious the Lord was! He filled me completely with faith and the love of Christ Jesus!"
1 Timothy 1:12 & 14

No comments: